The Rockford Park District is a great place to work. We provide a broad and varied range of activities and programs for our District residents to help them enjoy life!
The Park District begins taking applications in December to fill positions for the following summer.
The Rockford Park District is an EEO Employer
Sodexo Job Opportunities
Sodexo has partnered with the Rockford Park District to manage and operate food & beverage services at many of its facilities and events.
Current Job Openings:
- Cook at Skybox
- Bartender at Skybox
- We are also looking for cashiers and frontline staff at Magic Waters and our pools for seasonal work.
Rockford Park District Volunteer Opportunities
What can I do to help the Rockford Park District?
Since the failure of the referendum of April 2003, there is an on-going maintenance and repair backlog, and people are asking what they can contribute of their time or money to help. There are many opportunities to volunteer your time and talents with the Park District, and your contribution is very welcome.
Volunteer Sign Up or firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are a few ideas for your consideration:
- Groups, organizations, service clubs, or neighborhood associations can adopt a park and keep it
- clean, rake mulch for the playground, plant flowers, mow the grass or paint shelters.
- Adopt or sponsor maintenance needs such as painting gazebos, outbuildings, painting projects and other small projects.
- Adopt a Horse at Lockwood Park, or provide sponsorship dollars.
- Join a Friends Group (such as the Friends of Lockwood or the Friends of Atwood) and participate in fundraising and volunteer opportunities to reduce dependence on tax dollars to keep these programs going.
- Volunteer to work at special events such as the Illinois Snow Sculpting Competition, Punt/Pass/Kick, and sports tournaments.
- Watch over your neighborhood park, and call the Park Police at 815-987-5800 if you see any suspicious or illegal activity.
As the Rockford Park District has received financial assistance in the form of Land and Water Conservation assistance, the U.S. Department of the Interior, under Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, or handicap. If you believe you have been subjected to discrimination in any program, activity, or facility, or you desire further information regarding Title VI, please write to:
Office for Equal Opportunity
U.S. Department of the Interior
Washington, D.C. 20240