Summer Playground Programs
Time 2 Play offers your child many active choices to play with friends at a neighborhood park. Participants will enjoy breaking a sweat playing fun games such as spiderball, four-square, kickball, table hockey, wet and wild water play, weekly field trips, and more, all supervised by well-trained staff.
Field trips may include Magic Waters, Skate Co, Park Lanes Bowling, and Rockford Park District area pools. For every new location a participant chooses to attend, a new registration must be completed.
June 11 - August 3, 2018
- Beattie Playground (1-5pm) - Register
- Bloom School Park (1-5pm) - Register
- Elliot Playground (1-5pm) - Register
- Harmon Park (1-5pm) - Register
- Highland Park (9am - 1pm) - Register
- Keye-Malquist Park (9am - 5pm) - Register
- Ridge Park (1-5pm) - Register
- Sabrooke Park (1-5pm) - Register
- Sawyer Park (1-5pm) - Register
- Wantz Park (9am - 5pm) - Register
Jr. Leader Training Camp
The Jr. Leader Training Camp is where we find our upcoming recreation leaders for the Time 2 Play Neighborhood Playgrounds Program, Washington Park Community Center, Lewis Lemon Community Center, and Nature Quest camps. Teens will learn leadership skills in the areas of how to lead sports games, recreational games, basic group planning, and communication skills. Campers will get the chance to experience first-hand what it’s like to work as a leader with the Rockford Park District. Teens will be placed at sites based on number of years in camp, performance in camp, and location needs.
Jr. Leader Training Camp Notes:
- Derricka Davis is the supervisor of this program. Contact her at 815.987.1623.
- Jr. Leaders can request to work at a specific site, but it depends on how well they do during the camp (leadership skills, following directions, and ability to work with kids), years of service volunteering, and availability over the entire summer.
- Wantz and Highland parks are the two most requested sites, and there are no guarantees that you will be at the camp you requested.
- Upon completion of camp, Jr. Leaders will receive two program shirts, and an evaluation form completed by the site directors regarding ability to help with kids, punctuality, attendance, and leadership skills.