If you've got a green thumb, we've got the brown plots! Grow your own vegetables and flowers at one of the Rockford Park District's Garden Plot locations. We offer plots at Lockwood Park, Churchill Park, and Johnson Tract. These plots are approximately 20'x30'.
Below are some key dates and information for the Garden Plot Season:
- Garden Plot renewals: Registration deadline Monday, February 26, 2018.
- Lottery deadline date: Monday, March 5, 2018.
- Garden Plot Lottery drawing begins on Friday, March 9, 2018.
- Payments due for lottery winners on Friday, March 23, 2018 @ 5:00pm. If needed, redrawing will occur on Monday, March 26, 2018.
- Water supply lines will be operational through Monday, October 8, 2018. After that day, water lines are scheduled to be turned off and drained.
- Please help us with garden plot maintenance this fall. Your removal of all string, staking, fencing, etc., will greatly facilitate our activities. After Sunday, October 21, 2018 any cages, staking, fencing, wire and string will be removed and discarded.
- Garden plots are scheduled to be mowed starting Monday, October 22, 2018.
Weather permitting, we will fertilize and rototill down the garden plots after the fall mowing has taken place.
HOW DO I MAKE A NEW REQUEST FOR A PLOT?
As garden plots are popular there will be a lottery drawing for non-renewed plots on Friday, March 9, 2018.
Requests to enter into the garden plot lottery for these non-renewed plots will be taken Monday, January 15, 2018, through Monday, March 5, 2018.
Entry into the lottery can be completed by one of the following options:
- By phone, or in-person at one of our customer service locations.
- Click here for entry into the garden plot lottery.
Upon entering into the lottery, you will receive a confirmation receipt showing you have been entered into the Garden Plot Lottery for the location you have selected.
NOTE: Only one entry into the lottery is allowed per person, per location.
If your name has been selected through the lottery, you will be notified by phone and mail. You must complete the Garden Plot application with payment within 10 days. If there is not a lottery the plots will be made available on a first-come/first-serve basis.
HOW DO I RENEW MY CURRENT PLOT?
A letter will be sent providing information on renewing your garden plot. You can renew your plot until February 26, 2018 by visiting or sending or sending payment to the Rockford Park District Customer Service office. Following, you will receive a letter, email or phone call confirming your plot reservation.
If you do not renew your plot by February 26, 2018, it will be made available to others through the lottery drawing.
To renew your plot, or enter into the lottery, please call our customer service office at 815.987.8800.