Experience Xtreme Fun at Magic Waters Waterpark
It’s time for Xtreme Fun this summer at Magic Waters Waterpark, 7820 CherryVale North Blvd., Cherry Valley, IL!
The Rockford Park District will open Magic Waters Waterpark for the summer season on Saturday, May 26, 2018.
Recently, Magic Waters Waterpark's Screaming Lizard and Double Dare Drop received national attention as those attractions were featured on Season 7: Episode 10 of Travel Channel’s Xtreme Waterparks (originally aired in August 2017).
“We were thrilled to be featured on this TV show, and are excited to see who is brave enough to ride these slides this year. Every year, we enhance the experience for guests at the waterpark, and this year our focus was a lot of behind-the-scenes improvements. New heaters were installed for SplashMagic River, Little Lagoon, and the body slides. Guests will also notice the park layout has changed a bit, as we've added more food options and dining locations,” said Hope Edwards, Director of Magic Waters & Aquatics.
2018 Season Schedule
- Opening Weekend: May 26, 27, 28; open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Regular Season: June 2 through August 19; open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Weekends Only: August 15-26, and Sept 1–3; open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
New in 2018!
- Expanded Wet Wednesday schedule – Magic Waters Waterpark will extend evening hours on Wednesdays from June 6 through August 15, 2018. Wet Wednesdays will provide guests the chance to enjoy the waterpark from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., and after 3 p.m. admission is discounted to just $10
- Slide & Dine on Wet Wednesdays –Add a pizza or hot dog meal for just $5
- Unlimited Fastpass wristband – Purchase a new unlimited fast pass to skip the lines at Double Dare Drop, Screaming Lizard, Tropical Twisters, and Typhoon Terror. Prices start at $30 per day
- New and improved Snack Shack location in the center of the park
- More food and beverage locations – Visit one of our new food venues: “the Grills” offers fresh grilled hot dogs, brats, burgers, chicken, and salmon; “Hawaiian Hideaway” offers Hawaiian Shaved Ice, Island Oasis® Smoothies, and other frozen beverages, as well as snack items. Plus, we’ve added an additional Mini Melts® frozen gourmet dessert location and the Coconut Café Express Lane for quicker access to funnel cakes, ice cream, and fried Oreos®.
- Xtreme Scream Challenge – We dare you to participate in the Screaming Lizard Xtreme Scream Challenge from June 2 through August 19, 2018. Those who accept the challenge will have to do the following:
- Climb the stairs to the top of the Screaming Lizard
- Make it around the loop
- Snap a "selfie" or have a friend snap a picture of your scream as you near the bottom of the slide
- Share that photo with us on social media, using the hashtag #XtremeScream for a chance to win weekly prizes. All weekly prize winners will also be entered into a drawing to win a 2019 Magic Waters Waterpark season pass. Winners will be notified via account tagging or direct message.
Back by Popular Demand!
- $12 Buck Bargain Day – Admission is just $12 every Tuesday, all season long!
- Season Pass Sale – Season passes are on sale for the discounted price of $80 resident/$95 nonresident through May 31, 2018; additional discounts available for renewals. Upgrade to include a Season Dining Pass for an additional $80, which includes lunch and a snack every day you visit the park (some restrictions apply).
- Summer Sippers – Get free fountain beverage refills for the entire 2018 season!
- Great Special Events – Don’t miss World’s Largest Swim Lesson, Military Appreciation Day, Christmas in July, Sun Safety Day, Season Passholder Appreciation Day, and more (check website for event dates)
- FREE Parking – Parking is always FREE in both the north and south parking lots
Magic Waters Fast Facts
- 43-acre waterpark, 10 waterslide features
- Pineapple Bucket – Holds 1,000 gallons of water
- Staff – 405 seasonal and 5 full-time
- Customers – 46% resident; 54% non-resident
- Attendance in 2017 – 137,820