The Rockford Park District's Youth Sports Department offers area youngsters a chance to learn and play several sports throughout the year, including NFL Flag Football, NFL Cheer, Track & Field, Basketball and Tennis.
The Rockford Park District welcomes you to PreK-4th Grade Youth Basketball! A goal of the Youth Sports Department is for all youth sports participants and parents, to have an enjoyable sporting experience. Skill development is the main component of all of our Youth Sports programs. All parents and guests must remain in the gym upper balcony during practices. Only coaches and staff will be allowed on the court.
Key Upcoming Dates
Saturday, November 30, 2013: Youth Basketball Parent Meeting and first practice
Location: West Middle School Gym (Use Custer Ave. parking lot)
- PreK - K: 9:00 a.m.
- 1st - 2nd Grade: 10:00 a.m.
- 3rd - 4th Grade: 11:00 a.m.
December 21--28, 2013: NO GAMES (Christmas Break)
Saturday, January 11, 2014: Picture Day
- Remember that children participate to have fun, and that the game is for the children, not the adults
- Encourage and demonstrate good sportsmanship regardless of the score by acting in a positive manner towards all players, parent, coaches, and officials
- Show respect to all coaches, referees, and officials
- No dogs or animals allowed at Brown Park or practices