Windsor Lake Activity Center | 7212 N. Alpine Rd. | Loves Park, IL | 815-987-8800 | Directions
The Windsor Lake Activity Center is a new multi-sport facility operated by the Rockford Park District. Located on Windsor Lake, the facility focuses on providing a breadth of outdoor education and recreational opportunities to our regional area.
The lake features catch and release (except for pan fish) fishing and picturesque paddling opportunities. Several new features include, a new partnership with Advance Medical Rehabilitation Center (AMR) allowing for the installation of a new boat launch area just North of the AMR parking lot (1820 Windsor Road, Loves Park ), free fishing (IL fishing license required), and personal muscular-powered watercraft will be allowed on the lake for fishing and paddling.
A daily fee of $2/hr and reservation is required for all watercraft. This reservation and fee can be paid on-line at: Windsor Lake Online Boat Reservations.
Windsor Lake is open daily sunrise to sunset.
The Rockford Park District has partnered with local passionate fishermen and paddlers as well as neighborhood representatives to create the Windsor Lake Watch Group to help operate and enforce rules and policies at the lake to ensure safety and cleanliness.
Rules & Policies
- No Ice Fishing
- No more than 20 boats allowed on the lake at one time
- Lifejackets required and must be worn when on the water
- No motors allowed on the lake
- IL fishing License required
- Free shoreline fishing from designated fishing areas only
- Catch and release only, except for pan fish
- No minnows
- Personal flotation devices (inner tubes, rafts) Prohibited
- Protect this property and dispose of litter properly
- Be considerate of others
- Dogs must be on leash and land at all times
- Smoking prohibited
- Alcohol prohibited
- Swimming/Wading prohibited
- Campfires and open flames prohibited