The Rockford Park District values community organizations and their ability to offer safe, positive, and enriching environments for youth and teens. The Park District would like to support such organizations to "do what they do best" and together leverage resources to provide positive outlets for youth and teens through recreation and leisure programs.
ROCKFORD PARK DISTRICT WELCOMES PROPOSALS FROM:
- Organizations and agencies that embrace and incorporate leisure and recreation as a means to enhance the quality of life and develop lifelong leisure skills. Must be a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization.
- Faith-based programs are eligible to submit a grant request, provided there are no religious practices or activities presented at District supported programs. The activity would also need to comply with the eligibility requirements detailed below.
TARGETED OUTCOMES FOR YOUTH AND TEENS:
- Exposure to diverse recreational and leisure activities
- Promoting positive social interaction with peers
- Activities that foster character development
- Improving health and increasing physical activity
- Providing unique and unduplicated programs within the Rockford Park District.
- Must primarily serve Rockford Park District residents
- Preference will be given to programs that offer unique activities or opportunities.
- Must be free or offer fee assistance for income-restricted participants
- Must be open to the general public and actively solicit new participants
- Must not require any specific membership or affiliation
- Must be in a good standing relationship with the Rockford Park District
- Must be inclusive and accessible to participants of all abilities
- Must not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, or disability.
FUNDS WILL NOT BE ALLOCATED FOR:
- Ongoing operating support including any portion of full-time salaries or overhead
- Programs where significant participation occurs from participants outside of the RPD boundaries
- Capital purchases, improvements (in excess of $1,000 per unit) or construction
- Deficit funding
- Fundraising events
- Motorcoach transportation
- Admissions or costs related to out-of-town attractions
- Food for meetings or parties
June - August, 2016 – priority on non-school and evening hours
(June - December, 2016 for Rec Connection)
RECREATION SUPPORT GRANTS AVAILABLE
1) Hot Nights ... Summer in the City - For ages 13-19 (exclusively)
For programs that provide instruction, supervision, and/or designated times and places for recreation and leisure activities. Grants provided in the form of financial support and/or vouchers for field trips to Rockford Park District facilities. Qualified programs must also comply with curfew regulations. Request for financial support may not exceed 70% of the program's budget.
2) Investment in Our Youth - For youth ages 5-19
For programs that provide recreation and leisure activities for youth. Grants provided in the form of vouchers for field trips to Rockford Park District facilities.
3) REC CONNECTION - For individuals with disabilities of all ages
For agencies serving individuals with disabilities to provide leisure and recreation programs. Grants will not exceed $2,500 per request for the 2014 cycle.
USE OF VOUCHERS
Vouchers for trips to Rockford Park District facilities may only be used on a single date. They may not be carried over to an additional date.
APPLICATIONS & DEADLINE
Download the 2016 Grant Application and e-mail or mail the completed form to the addresses below (e-mail preferred). Applications must be postmarked by March 18, 2016 to be eligible for consideration. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered AND the Rockford Park District is not responsible for misdirected applications.
Rockford Park District
Attn: Kellie Olivencia
401 S. Main St.
Rockford, IL 61101