Memorial Gifts - Celebrate Life
Due to saturation of existing trees and benches or long-range plans that would displace your bench or tree, some sites in the Rockford Park District are not appropriate for placement. Rockford Park District Foundation staff members are happy to recommend sites where benches are needed and trees would enhance the natural beauty of the park or facility.
The Rockford Park District welcomes the donation of funds to provide outdoor benches.
- With your donation of $3,200 or more, the Park District will supply a durable, attractive bench made of recycled polyethylene at the location of your choice (some restrictions apply).
- Commemorative benches provided by the Rockford Park District are guaranteed for seven years.
Trees benefit both people and wildlife by offering beauty, shade and shelter for years.
- Gifts of $1,200 or more will be recognized with the planting of a tree at a Rockford Park District park, golf course, or recreation facility.
- Trees may be requested at any time, but installation will take place twice annually (Spring and Fall).
- Since trees are living organisms that need replacement from time to time, the Park District guarantees commemorative trees for a period of seven years.
- Please do not decorate the trees, so that park patrons can enjoy their natural beauty.
The intent of the Park District is to maintain these trees for their entire life span, but longevity of plants varies by species and environmental conditions.
For more information about the Celebrate Life Program, please contact Lisa Alexander at the Rockford Park District Foundation at 815-987-1632.
Jeannie Hayes Memorial Bench - Fundraising Goal: $3,000
Jeannie Hayes passed away in November 2012 from a rare form of leukemia. She loved animals and the warm sunshine which is why a special bench located at the new Eclipse Lagoon is the perfect location for those that knew her to gather and reflect. Click the link below to donate to Jeannie's Bench.