Celebrate Life Program
Life is full of occasions to celebrate - weddings, births, anniversaries, the lives of loved ones lost. The Rockford Park District Foundation's Celebrate Life program offers people the opportunity for recognition of those moments with the gift of a tree or bench for placement in our community's parks or golf courses. A plaque inscribed with the wording of your choice accompanies each gift. In addition, a portion of each donation is set aside permanently to provide even more trees, benches and other amenities for our parks in the future.
Due to saturation of existing trees and benches or long-range plans that would displace your bench or tree, some sites in the Rockford Park District are not appropriate for placement. Rockford Park District Foundation staff members are happy to recommend sites where benches are needed and trees would enhance the natural beauty of the park or facility.
The Rockford Park District welcomes the donation of funds to provide outdoor benches.
- With your donation of $3,500 or more, the Park District will supply a durable, attractive bench made of recycled polyethylene at the location of your choice (some restrictions apply).
- Commemorative benches provided by the Rockford Park District are guaranteed for ten years.
Trees benefit both people and wildlife by offering beauty, shade and shelter for years.
- Gifts of $1,500 or more will be recognized with the planting of a tree at a Rockford Park District park, golf course, or recreation facility.
- Trees may be requested at any time, but installation will take place twice annually. The deadline for Spring planting is May 15. The deadline for Fall planting is October 15.
- Since trees are living organisms that need replacement from time to time, the Park District guarantees commemorative trees for a period of ten years.
- Please do not decorate the trees, so that park patrons can enjoy their natural beauty.
The intent of the Park District is to maintain these trees for their entire life span, but longevity of plants varies by species and environmental conditions.
For more information about the Celebrate Life Program, please contact Lisa Alexander at the Rockford Park District Foundation at 815-987-1632 or LisaAlexander@rockfordparkdistrict.org.