There are four Rockford Park District sites from which to launch:
- Sportscore One (1288 Elmwood Rd.)
- South Park (126 Lane St. behind St. Elizabeth Center)
- Martin Park (River Lane and Sheridan, Loves Park)
- Just north of Riverview Ice House (324 N. Madison)
- There are short-term boat tie-ups and docking available at Beattie Park and Waterside Plaza downtown
- New docks for tie-up are located at Luther Center/Rockford Public Library (end of Mulberry St.) and just outside Nicholas Conservatory & Gardens
- Dock at Riverfront Museum Park (in May), behind Burpee Museum, near the River Walk
- Seasonal docks are installed in the spring (April/May) and removed in the fall (October/November)
- Sportscore One docks remain in year-round
- Atwood Park features a canoe/kayak landing on the Kishwaukee River
For other boat launch points, local rivers and recreation associated with canoeing, check out the Winnebago County Forest Preserve District.
Catch your dinner from many parks along the Rock River, the Kishwaukee River, Kent Creek, or Levings Lake. Try your line at Sportscore One, Martin, Shorewood, Sinnissippi, Riverview, Beattie, Davis, Atwood, Black Hawk, South, or Anna Page parks. The Luther and Library esplanades are also good spots. Levings Park, Sportscore One, and Martin Park provide lakes and lagoons for fishing. Levings Lake is regularly stocked with catfish and has wheelchair accessible parking spaces and dock.
Wheelchair Accessible Dock Locations:
- David F. Johnson Accessible Fishing Pier located along the Rock River, just south of the Auburn Street bridge. Once completed, the accessible pier will be accessed via the Rock River Recreation Path and wheelchair parking is nearby.
- Levings Lake
- The Waterside Plaza
Other Fishing Information
- A fishing license is required and may be obtained at local bait shops (not available through the Rockford Park District)
- Boating, canoeing, and fishing guides are available at the Rockford Park District and Winnebago County Forest Preserve facilities.
7212 N. Alpine Rd. | Loves Park, IL 61111 | 815-987-8800 | Directions
The Rockford Park District runs the Regional Activity Center (RAC) at Windsor Lake.
The lake features catch and release (except for pan fish) fishing and picturesque paddling opportunities. Several new features include, a new partnership with Advance Medical Rehabilitation Center (AMR) allowing for the installation of a new boat launch area just North of the AMR parking lot (1820 Windsor Road, Loves Park ), free fishing (IL fishing license required), and personal muscular-powered watercraft will be allowed on the lake for fishing and paddling.
A daily fee of $2/hr and reservation is required for all watercraft. This reservation and fee can be paid on-line at: Windsor Lake Online Boat Reservations.