August 12, 2013 @ Aldeen Practice Centre - 1902 Reid Farm Rd., Rockford
WHAT IS THE GREAT GOLF BALL DROP?
The Great Golf Ball Drop raffle is an annual fundraiser for the Rockford Park District Foundation that began in 2007. Proceeds for this year's fundraiser will help support our 2013 Youth Programs of the Rockford Park District. Programs such as; Summer Camps, Neighborhood Playground programs, golf, swim, horseback lessons and NFL Flag Football are vital to building character in our youth.
WHAT ARE THE PRIZES?
GRAND PRIZE: $2,500
- 46" flat screen TV from Al Grace Appliance (Approximate value of $1,000)
- IPad with Retina display (Approximate value of $500)
- 5-course Rockford Park District 2014 Season Pass (Valued at $1,700)
- Two (2) 2014 Magic Waters Season Passes (Valued at $250)
- Aldeen Foursome with carts (Valued at $150)
- Nicholas Conservatory & Gardens Family Membership for one year (Valued at $95)
Total prizes valued at more than $6,000.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
The Great Golf Ball Drop is open to any person 18 years or older at the time of the entry date. Because the winner does not need to be present in order to collect their prize, this is an ideal way to help the Rockford Park District Foundation.
WHY SHOULD I PARTICIPATE?
This fundraiser is an easy way to support the Rockford Park District mission of "HELPING PEOPLE ENJOY LIFE."
HOW CAN I PURCHASE GOLF BALL DROP TICKETS?
All online orders will be processed ASAP and raffle stubs mailed to the address you provided.
You may also purchase Great Golf Ball Drop tickets at the following locations:
- Webbs Norman Center (401 S Main St. - Rockford)
- Carlson Ice Arena (Perryville & Riverside - Loves Park)
- All 5 Rockford Park District golf courses
- Call 815-987-1632
- Riverside Community Bank
- 13 WREX
- 11th Street Express Printing
- Al Grace Appliance
- Rockford Register Star
- Rock River Water Reclamation District
HOW DOES THE GOLF BALL DROP WORK?
On August 12, 2013, at approximately 6:13 p.m., a group of numbered balls will be dropped from a lift hovering over a pre-selected hole at Aldeen Practice Centre. The first purchased golf ball in the hole, or the one closest to the hole, wins the grand prize of $2,500. Additional, targets will be placed on the green surrounding the hole for each of the other prizes.
- If multiple balls go in the hole, the first purchased ball that is at the bottom of the hole will be determined the first place winner.
- If no balls go in the hole, then the first purchased ball landing closest to the hole will be determined the winner. The winning ball closet to the hole will be determined by measuring from the center of the hole to the ball.
- Odds of winning depend on number of valid entries received.
- All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
- Decisions by the Rockford Park District Foundation Golf Ball Drop judges on all aspects of this event will be final and binding.
- Winners will be notified by phone, mail, or e-mail from contact information supplied. If a winner cannot be located or fails to claim prize within ten (10) days after notification, prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner.
- All entries become property of the Rockford Park District Foundation and will not be returned.
- By entering the Sweepstakes, winner consents, without limitation or without compensation, to the use of their name, voice, photograph, and likeness for advertising and/or trade purposes, except where prohibited by law.
- All applicable taxes, licenses, and fees are the responsibility of the winners.
- By participating, each participant releases, discharges, and indemnifies the Rockford Park District Foundation, Rockford Park District, its affiliates, board of directors, directors, employees, volunteers, sponsors, agents, and promotional partners (collectively the "releases") from any liability, loss, harm, injury, and expense whatsoever arising directly or indirectly from the use of or participation in the event.
- Unforeseen events: The Rockford Park District Foundation (herein after collectively referred to as "RPDF") reserves the right to change this event at its discretion at any time that RPDF becomes aware of any circumstances or occurrences which would materially affect the event's fairness. Such circumstances will be announced in a suitable way to reach the intended audience.
- Winner assumes the risk of safe arrival of prize.
- Winner need not to be present to win
The Rockford Park District Foundation is not responsible for the postponement or cancellation of the event and will not substitute the prize should this occurrence so arise. If the event should be cancelled for any reason, all money collected will be donated to the Rockford Park District Foundation.
The Rockford Park District Foundation is not responsible for winner's inability to claim or use the prize in accordance with the contest guidelines. Prize is non-transferable and non-refundable.